Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apple picking

Hi everyone

I got out of bed at around 9.30am this morning (yes, I know, how late), and 2min after I turned on my phone, I got a call from a friend inviting me to join her family (of 7 boys aged 4 to 14) for apple picking! Of course I said yes! :)

Fortunately I didn't have much school work to do for tomorrow, so I got ready and headed over to their place (a 1h and 15min trip away by public transportation).

I spent a few hours in their workshop, doing woodwork with one of the boys - I have now decided that I want my kids to have a workshop too (if I ever have kids) - before we headed off to Ile Perrot, another island in the St Lawrence, to pick apples at a farm.

It was beautiful weather, and while it has been rather cold the last week or so, it was not too cold to be out today (the sun really helped). It was fantastic! I ate so many apples. :) And I brought a 7kg bag full of apples back home with me! Plus a few good photos. :)

The semester is going ok. I've got lots and lots of work! But there have been fun times too. I'll write more soon (hopefully) - I've gotten a bit more inspired by my sister's recent blogging habits. :) (www.tamarinrwanda.tumblr.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home