Sports Day
Because I can't post the continuation of 'drama week' (don't worry, I'm working on it), I thought I'd post some photos of my last month in India, so you can see the highlights. However, as always this programme is giving me many problems, so I'll have to post the events one by one (and it might not actually work! Let's hope it does, though.).
Wednesday 24th, and Friday 26th January: Sports Days

Standard IX and X students: Rahul, Gokul, Nigil, Cibin and me!
It was lots of fun watching my students and cheering for them all. (It was even more fun making the track on Thursday; my kids and chalk don't mix well, so I had chalk all over my arms and face by the end. I don't think the Principal was too impressed).
On Wednesday, we had teachers' competitions. That means we were all forced to do shot put, and to run. And guess what! I won 11 mugs! Somehow, I managed to beat the Miss (Principal's wife) at shot put (but I couldn't beat Manjula Teacher, the Malayalam teacher who trained to become a police officer and is therefore extremely strong). So, instead of getting a medal like all the students, I got 5 mugs because I won second place in shot put.
In running, however, I managed to beat them all, so for first place, I got 6 mugs!
I gave them all away (what on earth was I supposed to do with 11 mugs?!).
Labels: India

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home