Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Our first real snow!

Guess what! This morning, when I woke up, I heard something hitting against my window, but it didn't sound like rain. I guessed it was snow, but I still wasn't prepared for the sight! Everything was covered by a thin white blanket, and more snow was silently falling. Snow is so beautiful to watch and experience! ...Except of course when it turns all 'slushy' (which it does very quickly in the city), or when there's too much of it. :) I'm sure I'll be sick of snow by the end of this school year. But that just means I have to enjoy it more now! :)

First snow

I took this picture really early in the morning, because I had to leave the house early (7.30am) to go swimming. I know, 7.30am isn't that early, but I've gotten very spoilt over the last year. In India, school started at 9.00am, and here, I never have a class before 9.30am (at least not this semester).That's nothing compared to getting u pat 6.15am every morning for school in Singapore. So that's another thing that I enjoy! :)
I'm so glad I left early this morning. I got to be one of the first people to step on the fresh snow in some places! :) I love feeling my feet sink into the snow, and hearing it crunch. I haven't experienced that in a while, and this is the first time I can remember that I've lived in a country where it snows... Cool! :) The not-so-cool thing is that you have to be careful not to slip and fall. So, from now on, I'll have to get used to adding roughly 3-5 minutes to my travel time when I go places. :)


My life at the moment: I'm very busy with work (well, I'm not as busy as I should be, I guess. After all, I am updating my blog...)! I probably shouldn't have written this, because I have 4 assignments (now 3 - yay, I finished one today!) due in the next 2 weeks, plus a paper (i.e. essay). In addition to that, I know I'm going to get 2 more assignments, which will also be due within these 2 weeks. Subconsciously, I'm extremely worried (hm, maybe that's why I can't sit still anymore, and I can't even lie in bed without my brain doing overtime. Not good!). But I wanted to share my moment of joy, and let you know that I am committed to updating as often as possible! I have so much I want to write... :) But that's it for tonight! Hope you're all well, and thank you for faithfully reading about my life in Montreal. :D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home