Sunday, November 15, 2009

A visitor from Europe!


For 10 days at the end of October and the beginning of November, Jonathan and I had a visitor from Europe! Our aunt Yvonne came to visit from Switzerland!! That was very cool because she brought us lots of goodies. :)

Of course, I didn't enjoy her visit just because of the goodies she brought. :) It was just so nice to have a visitor!! She stayed with Jonathan half the time, and the other time she stayed with me (yes, surprisingly, we both fit in my tiny room). :)

We cooked together (or rather, she cooked for me - broccoli spaghetti and lasagna, mmmm!), went to a book sale together, walked around Mont Royal together, went to a light show in a beautiful old church, visited a shop selling European things (including Stollen and Domino Steine!!!)...
It was fun! :)

A few of the goodies! :)

Now I'd better get back to being super productive. This week (like the past few ones) have been very hectic!

Here's a quick glance of what's coming up:

Presentations and papers are due this week (like almost every other week, really, so that's not new news). Also, on Thursday (right after my presentation) I have my practical driving test! I am not yet a great driver, but my driving instructor says people worse than me have passed, and that it all depends on the examiner. So, maybe on Thursday I'll have my license, and maybe not. I'll take it as it comes!

Also, next Saturday, my choir is premiering two pieces! The choir is called New Earth Voices, and it's a McGill University acapella choir that's for fun, i.e. no auditions are necessary to get in. It really is fun! I've been part of it ever since I came to McGill 2 years ago. The choir has always aimed to sing songs from different cultures, and to sing songs composed by minorities and women. The conductor is a McGill student doing a Master's in Music, and he has two music friends who wrote pieces, and we were asked to premiere two of their pieces. So, that's what we'll be doing next Saturday evening! Except we're not quite ready yet...So it's going to be a stressful week in that sense too.

Plus, the week after (also on Saturday evening), my choir is having the traditional November/December concert! We'll be performing about 15 short songs (usually our concerts are about 45min long). The songs are so varied! We have several African ones, several Jewish ones, several Christmas ones, and the two songs we'll be premiering next week. They're all very beautiful, and I'm looking forward to performing them! That's always fun (except for the fact that I get slightly nervous too). :)

December 7, my exams start (the week before, I've got several important presentations to do and papers due), and December 10, my exams end (plus two very long papers are due). So, on December 10, latest by 11pm (which is when the last paper is due), I will be celebrating (probably by crashing into my bed)! :)

PS: Did I mention that I'm also supposed to be sorting out what I'll be doing next year (since I finish in May)? ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home