Monday, December 03, 2007

Introducing some people, and links to pictures!

Hello everyone!
Sorry I didn't write earlier. The past week has been very, very busy! Last week, I was working almost non-stop on a Sociology paper (3000 words, worth 30% of my final mark) that was due on Friday, plus a Geography assignment (worth 15% of my final mark), so everything else got prioritised down. Over the weekend, I was very tired, and was so glad that Ryan had a movie night on Saturday night - it gave me time to get out of the house, but relax. Then yesterday (Sunday), my choir had a concert, which took up most of my day. At least it went well, but strangely enough, performing in it didn't make me as happy as I thought it would... So I didn't get much work done yesterday, either, but I did practically finish another Geography assignment due tomorrow (I'm taking 4 Geography classes this semester), and in the evening I got the chance to decorate Ryan's Christmas tree (for pictures, click here)!

And if you want to see some general pictures of my first semester (plus some from Jonathan's birthday!), then click here.

Right now, I'm in the library, and am supposed to be working on the two Geography assignments that are due tomorrow, or studying for my first exam, which is on Thursday, but instead I felt so guilty about not blogging over the weekend (as I had promised) that I decided it would be a nice break for me if I did write to you... But this post, which was supposed to be an intro to something else, was so long that I had to make it its own post, and now what I wanted to tell you (namely a typical week of mine in Montreal) has to wait until I finish some more work... But I hope you enjoy the pictures and the intros to my friends (below)!

Right, I realised a little bit ago that you have no idea who half the people I might have mentioned either in earlier posts or in the photo albums are. So, here's a summary of the people I see most regularly at the moment. :)

Jonathan: my brother :)
Jenny: my brother's girlfriend.

A few of Jonathan's good friends:
Nithum: a friend of Jonathan's through the Burma Solidarity Collective that Jonathan is a part of. He's doing his Master's here at McGill, and is (sadly) going to be done in 2008.
Ryan (or Liam, as he likes to be called): He came to McGill the same year as Jonathan, and they know each other from living in Solin Hall (where I live now). Ryan loves to cook and have people over, and he hosts Singapore Night at his place every Sunday evening (see next post).
Sulin: also a member of the Burma Solidarity Collective. She's dating Nithum.

All of the above are members of Singapore Night (see next post). They're a really fun bunch, and lots of fun to hang out with.

A couple other people you might see on pictures:
Anna: my bible study leader! She's really funny, a great listener, plus a good friend.
Matt: He's also been here the same amount of time as Jonathan has, and also lived in Solin Hall (so he's good friends with Ryan, too). Matt is a voice major, and gives brilliant massages (voluntarily! He knows I love them, so whenever I see him and he has time, he sits me down and gives me a massage. Wonderful!).
The next few people are all new students, like me (and you'll have seen them on pictures I posted:
Lauren: she and I attend Anna's Bible study. She's really sweet, and always seems to know when I'm not feeling to well.
Christa: a good friend of Lauren's (they do everything together). She's also really nice and funny, though I haven't spent that much time with her (unfortunately).
Corinna: We met during the Orientation week, and are now swimming together on a regular basis (see next post)! She's also funny. :)
Natasha: I just (properly) met her a few weeks ago. She lives in Solin Hall, in the Annex, 2 doors down from me. She's really fun-loving (the two of us had a brilliant snowball fight Friday evening, and have some brilliant plans that we're itching to put into action). :) She goes to MCF (McGill Christian Fellowship) about as often as I do (not very often), so if we ever go there or do something with other MCFers, we generally travel there and back together, which is always lots of fun. We have to hang out more...
Dave: I met him during the orientation week - well, actually I never really met him. While we were playing 'introduce yourself' games I caught his name. Then one day, as I was walking to Solin Hall from the metro, I saw him right behind me, so we started talking. One morning, I met him getting on the metro, and ever since then it's been a joke between us whether we can make it on the same metro Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, when we both have class at 9.30am. We've been pretty good the last couple of weeks, but I was slightly late Friday and today, watching the metro with him on it leave just as I was entering the metro station. :(

I think that about sums it up. Of course, there are so many more people, but these are the people I see most regularly. :)

But even if I see them 'regularly,' I generally see most of them only once or twice a week. That's why I miss UWC in Singapore: everyone started and ended classes at the same time, so we were all in school at the same time, so I saw my friends every day...

Well, that's it for today! Hope to update soon...

PS: Guess what. We got at least 30 cm of snow today (and it's still snowing...). The boots I bought 1.5 weeks ago had a whole, so I brought them back a week ago (6 days after I had bought them - horrible!), and so I was forced to trudge through the snow today in my hiking boots, which don't keep my jeans or ankles very dry... But I survived, and it was not as bad as I thought it would be! (I didn't want to get out of bed, much less leave the house this morning). I would have enjoyed the snow way more had I been wearing boots, though... After my last class (from 4.30-5.30pm), I'll go past the shop I bought them at (just around the corner, fortunately), and I'll ask whether they've gotten them back by now (hopefully they have!). And then I have to go grocery shopping, and.... right, back to work, Noemi! :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:34 am, Blogger Faith said...

i love how there's other nationalities in Singapore Night...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home