Sunday, November 12, 2006

Typically Indian

The people

Everyone’s favourite movie: Titanic
Everyone’s favourite song: ‘My Heart will go on’ (Titanic theme song)
Everyone’s favourite hymn: ‘Nearer my God to thee’ (played by string quartet in movie 'Titanic')


Six days of the week, they ask us to sing ‘My Heart will go on.’ On the seventh day, they ask us to sing ‘Nearer my God to thee.’

Creatures found in the apartment

-Geckos
-Spiders
-Mosquitos (lots!)
-Ants (many different types)
-Flies (many different types)
-Scorpions (had a small scorpion in my room once. Cristy saved it in a glass, but it eventually died)
-Mini-cockroaches
-Other little creepy crawlies

Creatures that I have found on myself

-Mosquitoes (sucking my blood)
-Caterpillar (under my shirt, on my skin – I still have a rash)
-Creepy-crawlies (they have run up and down my leg while I was wearing a sari – in public. I was standing there, not really knowing what to do, just feeling one run up and down my leg…not a pleasant experience! I still don’t know what it was – which is probably a good thing!)
-Other little things…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home