Sleepover in the girls' hostel
Sleepover in the girls’ hostel, Friday 26th to Monday 29th January

Due to a public holiday on Monday, pretty much all the hostel teachers left, so one of the girls’ rooms had no teachers. So, they invited Cristy and me to sleep in the hostel over the weekend. It was really fun! We laid some mats on the floor, and we all slept there together. It was a big chaos of heads, limbs and bodies, and some people (guess who) stole other people’s blankets at night. :)
The second night, I saw a cockroach not too far away from my head, and I didn’t really appreciate that, but I ignored it, and I slept fine.
Cristy did complain of bruises on her hips from sleeping on the floor, and I knew how she felt. That’s the way I felt after my first few nights in Nedumkandam. But I had no problems on the floor those 3 nights in the hostel. I guess my mattress was about as hard as the floor, because I slept almost comfortably…
I think my bed is the thing I’m enjoying most here in Singapore. Nope, it’s not warm water or toilet paper; it’s the bed. Definitely.
Labels: India

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home