Sunday, December 13, 2009

Baking Christmas cookies! :)

Zimtsterne!

This past Saturday, Jonathan had a Christmas-cookie-baking-'party' ("Wiehnachtsgutzibache") at his house. I brought over lots and lots of ingredients, and the moment I arrived at 12.30pm, we started on the first dough. Eventually, there were about 5 more people, all diligently helping out. :) We produced cookies nonstop that afternoon! We mainly made Mailaenderli (because that dough only has to be chilled for 2 hours, as opposed to 5 or more hours). One of his friends made Mandelhalbmonde though (delicious!). Plus, we made a huge batch of Zimtsterne that turned out beautiful and tasty, much to my delight (since, in the past, those were the ones we didn't really manage to do well at home). I also made a batch of Brunsli, but unfortunately I burned them. :(
I also made Pfeffernuesse at home. Now I have about 3 Tupperwares full of cookies at home. :) And I'm leaving on Wednesday.... :)

The end result (excluding all the ones we ate in the process) :)
Baking at Jonathan's place was lots of fun! I was very exhausted at the end though, since I stood (and baked) practically non-stop for 7.5 hours. But the result was worth it! (except that we now all have way too many cookies. Oh well! We'll share them. They will be eaten). :)
I did, however, eat far too many cookies that day....I need to go swimming again soon....
:)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:17 pm, Anonymous ruth said...

wow, what a kekseschlacht :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home