Last day of school....ever!
Felt like blogging again (since I haven't in such a long time, and so much has happened these past couple of weeks).
I have 3 big pieces of news:
- My last day of school - EVER - was last Thursday (20th April 06) - I'm still trying to recover from the shock
- My first exam starts next Tuesday (2nd May 06). My last exam is on Friday, 19th May 06 (after which....I don't know what I'll do - oh, actually I do; refer to no. 3)
- We're moving house!! (probably the biggest piece of news of all).
We have to be out of our big, beautiful, brilliant, lovely, wonderful, old house by mid-June. And we've been in it for the last 10 years. Talk about big change. Fortunately, we've already found another house. It's probably the same size as this house, and it does have a pool, but we've got to say byebye to our big, beautiful garden. Pool parties might be a bit difficult, too, since the pool is surrounded by about a metre of grass, then walls / house. :( Well, you don't know until you've tried, so I guess we could attempt to have one once we're (more or less) completely moved in (which won't happen until September - if we're lucky).
Anyway, I didn't actually want to talk (or, more accurately, lament) about us moving. I wanted to tell you about my last day of school:
It was fun!
We had a whole-school awards assembly in the morning (during which the 'special people' at our school were honoured - I'm proud to say that a close friend of mine won the Award for Senior Drama at our school!), followed by a leaver's assembly that only us grade 12's attended.
After that, we all (i.e. the majority of our grade - it was a big crowd!) headed off to Labrador Park, where we had a 'barbeque' (more like a buffet of ready-cooked, cold food). It was a really enjoyable afternoon. While everyone left by school bus at around 1.00pm, a couple friends and I decided to stay at the park, seeing as it was such beautiful weather, and we had nothing else to do (who wants to do revision on their last day of school?). We had lots of fun (apart from the sun burn I managed to get). :( The perfect conclusion to a very fun week!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home