Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Worst day ever...

Well, ok, the title may be exaggerated. I'm sure other people have experienced far worse than I have. It's like saying: 'I'm starving.' Actually, you aren't. You will probably never be. But you still say it. I've learned not to use the word after a very powerful geography movie about the Sudan famine. But for me, today was one emtional roller-coaster ride (and so I have less trouble saying it's been my worst day ever)...and I can't even explain why.

I won't even describe what happened, since it'll just make me feel really bad again.
One thing after another simply seemed to have gone terribly wrong. And then I made myself feel even worse by constantly moaning to my friends what a bad day I was having (i felt worse after doing that because they've got lots to do, and have probably also gone through the same, or worse, before). Then, after I finally thought that I'd reached the peak of the mountain, and I'd stay up there for a while...whoosh, down I went again.

Ever since I got home, I've been walking around, not knowing what to do with myself. I have this nagging feeling that I can't place. I want to talk to someone and pour my heart out, but nobody seems to be suited for the job. At least not at the moment. Some of my friends wouldn't understand or would make me feel worse by not really caring, and those who could possibly help are out, busy with other friends. I don't really feel like emailing my 'email' buddy, as he seems to be in a bad mood himself (not the first time!). So, I'm left with my blog. At the moment, it seems to be the right place to write my thoughts. But I know that in a couple days' time (or maybe even tomorrow!) I'll read this post and wish I'd never published it. But then, it's my diary. My life's story (sounds so big and serious!). It's my space, and I can do with it what I want, regardless of whether or not people take the time to read it, and regardless of whether or not it's to their liking.

Writing this hasn't made me feel better, but at least part of it is off my chest. I'm now going to tackle my homework (I've been trying - unsuccessfully - to do that for the last 45 minutes) so that I can get an early night's rest. Living with 4 hours of sleep is not ideal, so I've got some catching up to do. By the way, if you're interested, the 4 hours of sleep are compliments of the dreaded 'c' word....chemistry. Just hearing (or typing) the word makes me tired (since I've spent most of the last 2 weeks doing chemistry. 2 nights I even dreamt of chemistry, that's how bad it's been - and this time I'm not exaggerating, though I wish I was).

Well, wish me luck. Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 am, Blogger Tpe_Tuesday said...

I'm here if you want to chat. And I'm a fairly good listener...

Good luck with your chemistry

Irisxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home