Thursday, March 16, 2006

Today...

Today, I took a baby step towards showing a friend (the same one with the strange dream) my side of the story. I know, a baby step isn't much, but at least it's a start.

Ever since Faith left me a comment telling me how I could have told this friend how she could be a better friend, I've been trying to work up the guts (and find the right moment) to bring the message across. And today, in geography, I had that opportunity...

My friend made a comment about what a 'bad friend' she's been since she's gotten her boyfriend. She then went on to say that, because she and another friend of mine (and hers) aren't really on speaking terms at the moment, she's found it difficult to come over and talk to the rest of us (she usually spends her time with another bunch of people).
Instantly, I felt the same way I felt a couple weeks ago, when she told me about her dream. But this time, I said: 'well, actually, you haven't really been around lately, even before you had the conflict with [the other friend].'

It wasn't much, but at least I spoke my mind (and she didn't get offended - that's what happened the last time I did it [it was a long time ago! I haven't had the guts to say anything since then, because I was afraid she'd take it the wrong way again]). And from now on, I'll really do my best to be much more honest with her about what I think (I'll say it nicely, of course)!
Thanks for the kick, Faith! It was about time I said something to her!

6 Comments:

At 7:22 am, Blogger Tamar said...

sounds exactly like somebody i know.. which you should know who it is but she-shall-not-be-named ;p

 
At 12:31 pm, Blogger Black Jack said...

LORD VOLDEMORT!!!

 
At 9:07 am, Blogger noemi said...

hahaha. I haven't actually ever seen Harry Potter, but I got that joke!!!
Are you proud of me? :)

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Black Jack said...

errrr.... no? schones gesicht!!! haha...

 
At 8:51 pm, Blogger noemi said...

*smiley sticking his tongue out at Brian*
don't you think it was funny, though? I mean, you were complimenting everyone instead of insulting them! :)

 
At 8:51 pm, Blogger noemi said...

....and that's a good thing (is what I meant to say)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home