My bike
2 weeks ago, I got a bike.
(After talking about getting one for 4 weeks)
It has really changed my perspective of Amsterdam. Until then, I had limited myself to moving in areas I could reach by foot, and always used the fact that I didn't have a bike as an excuse for not having explored Amsterdam more. Now, I'm free to move wherever I want, whenever I want, and it takes me so much less time! It's wonderful!
I still feel like a greenhorn every time I get on my bike and join the traffic on the streets though - and especially locking up my bike is still quite an exercise for me. :) But I'm learning!
Unfortunately, my bike started squeaking about 6h after I got it - and being the bike novice that I am, I haven't taken the time to figure out how to fix this problem. I should do that soon...because I feel like I wake up whole neighbourhoods when I cycle. :)
Last Thursday, I really needed to get out of the house (and especially do some exercise), so I grabeed my camera and my bike and took off in search of the Museumplein (Museum square), which is home to the Rijksmuseum, and the van Gogh museum, plus the famous 'I Amsterdam' sign. I got lost twice. The first time, I found the Vondelpark, the filmmuseum and the beautiful Vondelkerk (Vondel church) because of that. :) The second time, I got so lost I couldn't even locate my position on a map! So, the only thing I could do was to retrace my 'steps'. I found eventually a major road, followed it, and surprise surprise, I found what I was least expecting: Museumplein! :) I took some pictures, and then headed straight home because of the rain clouds. I certainly did my share of exploring that day! :)
Labels: The Netherlands

2 Comments:
hej noemi,
get some WD40 and put it to the direction the sceeze comes from, it'll work I guess. Torben loves WD40 ;)
Good luck!
Danke fuer den Tipp Ruth!! Ich werde bald einkaufen gehen. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home