Sunday, April 18, 2010

Window-mail


I have a very small room here in Montreal, with just one window. That window looks out into a 'courtyard' that's completely surrounded by buildings. About 3m from my window, there's another window - that of my neighbour's. So, whenever I walk into my room, I immediately see into my neighbour's room (if she and I both have our curtains open). That's how we got to know each other.
We started waving at each other, and one day I invited her and her roommates over for dessert and hot chocolate. They're all lovely, and since then we've done various things together. Since then we have also improved our communication system. Originally, it was pieces of paper, with messages written in huge letters, hung in our windows. But that used up a lot of paper. So, we came up with our current system: the rope and the mini-bucket! We set it up in January, and since then we've been sending each other mail - through the window! :)

The bucket is very conducive to sending little edible tid-bits (freshly baked pieces of banana bread, cake, or cookies), or anything else! It's so fun coming home and seeing that I have mail: a little treat and a letter. It always makes me happy! And I love sending mail too. :)

On my neighbour's birthday, I sent over a yellow balloon with a smiley face on it. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home